Monday, April 18, 2011

Old Hollywood, Classic Looks, Great Era----Glamorous


 When I watch old movies I day dream about what it would be like to live in those glamorous days of dinners at swanky restaurants all dolled up in our best clothes along side a suite clad husband, sipping champagne and conversing with friends. For some reason everything back then seemed simpler, safer, and beautiful. Even though today we have certain styles that are specific to our era it still seems like their is still so much diversity, everyone has a certain style specific to them. I loved the style back them, everyone seemed to be classy and everyone would dress up to go out, the men and women would wear nice suits even during the day to go to work Like Mad Men! (Mad Men is definitely one of my favorites!) People nowadays wear p.j.'s & sweat's outside! No one should wear pajamas outside and sweats are definitely border line.



 Love Louis Brooks, definitely a classic beauty! The husband and I love her, without Jesse I wouldn't even have know who she was, definitely inspiring style wise, not to mention her silent movies! I need to watch more of those!

 I especially love the architecture and decor of that era as well, I feel like people were more concerned about making a building or interior classic and beautiful instead of just creating cookie cutter home and buildings. Nothing freaks me out more than suburban track homes that look the same. I want to be more adventurous, see different things, do different things and take advantage of where we live! There are so many free things to do when your strapped for cash and you can sign up for places that offer coupons for different restaurants, museums and parks.  Here are some references: Groupon, Living Social, check your local library-sometimes they have free events in your area, The Getty, flea markets are fun, that's all I can think of right now...Let me know if you have any other fun ideas! I'm always looking for fun free and cheap stuff to do!





This photo of Bette Davis is Radical and so I just had to share it! Her hair, her make up and I just die over that leopard piece of clothing! I'm thinking I really need some new lipstick and a new dress, Check out this long dress and  the orange lipstick to match! 


Love
Jesse's Girl
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment